Ergonomic & Modern Furniture
EXTREME FREEDOM FOR THE MIND
Thought-provoking in Varier Ekstrem. A bold, unconventional form overturns convention and points the way to the future of design. Varier Ekstrem is modern and functional. It’s distinguished by its design purity and stands out by virtue of its unconventional construction.
The Ekstrem was developed as a prototype in 1972 by Terje Ekstrom. The chair was commercialised 12 years later, in a time where new designers tried to break with existing norms within Scandinavian furniture. The sculptural shape makes the chair a real 80's icon and a true ambassadeur of post modernistic design.
Ekstrem is a static chair, nevertheless with the possibilities of movement and variation that Varier holds as key principles.
The open structure allows you :
* to sit forward with feet on the ground,
* sideways with legs calmly placed on the armrests,
* or completely backwards with the front of the torso against the chair's back.
* the unconventional shapes invite your fantasy to let go of existing norms.
* Varier Ekstrem is suitable in reception areas, hallways and lobbies, or even in nursery schools and children rooms.
Product facts :
* Handcrafted in Norway by skilled artisans.
* Design by Terje Ekstrøm
* Seven-year guarantee on wooden parts; five-year guarantee on mechanisms.
* Available in various colors.
* Overall dimensions: D 73cm; W 72cm; H 78cm; seat H 39cm.